Property tax bills will be sent out to all Shorewood property owners the week of December 13. Payment due dates will be shown on the tax bill. Payments must be received in the office or Village Hall drop box by 4:30 pm on Thursday, December 30 to be processed in 2021. Payments received after that time (via the white Village Hall drop box or US Mail) will be processed in 2022. Property tax bills include the following taxing agencies: Milwaukee County, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, Shorewood School District and the Village of Shorewood.
Property owners have the following options to pay their property tax bill:
- By mail: Village of Shorewood, Attn: Tax Payment, 3930 N Murray Avenue, Shorewood, WI 53211
- White Drop Box: In the postage‐free white drop box located in the parking lot behind Village Hall during any hours of the day or night
- In person: At Village Hall, 3930 N. Murray Ave., Shorewood WI, Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (except holidays)
- Credit Card: Online Only, additional fee
- Electronic Check: Online Only, additional fee
Escrow checks that have been made out to the property owner AND the Village MUST BE properly endorsed by ALL parties listed on the check. Any refunds for overpayments will be processed within 30 days.
Tax Bill Receipts: Property owners can obtain tax receipts:
- On-line at http://gcs.villageofshorewood.org/GCSWebPortal/search.aspx enter only ONE of the following: the tax key/parcel number, property address or owner name. Scroll down and choose “Print Tax Details.”
- By providing a stamped, self-addressed return envelope with your payment.
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: The parcel number or address of the property and the owner’s name. To ensure your request is received, PLEASE use Tax Bill Receipt in the Subject Line. Your tax receipt will be emailed in 7-10 business days.
- In person at Village Hall, 3930 N. Murray Avenue, Shorewood WI.