PUBLIC BUILDINGS CLOSED
Starting Tuesday, March 17, Village Hall, the Public Works building, the Police Department building, and the Senior Resource Center offices will be closed to the general public. Village Center lobby areas will be closed to the general public starting March 18. As of now, public access to these public spaces will resume on Monday, April 13 unless modified. Staff will still be working in the buildings; so please either call, email, or use our online services to get assistance. Email addresses and phone numbers of staff are listed on our website. You may also call customer service at 414-847-2700.
The Village can confirm that in-person absentee voting at Village Hall will start Thursday, March 19 and will be held through Friday, April 3 until 5:00 p.m. that day. If the State of Wisconsin does not amend the requirement to provide in-person absentee voting/registration hours, Village Hall will be open solely for that purpose as follows:
- March 19 & 20: 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- March 23, 24, 25: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. | March 26 & 27: 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- March 30, 31, April 1: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. | April 2 & 3: 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
MESSAGE FROM THE SHOREWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY
Dear all Shorewood Public Library patrons,
Like many organizations across the country and world, Shorewood Public Library and the Village of Shorewood are closely monitoring the developing COVID-19 pandemic.
At this time, the library has determined that we will close to the public.
The library will be open 11:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, March 15.
We will then close to the public from Monday, March 16 through Sunday, April 12. We currently plan to reopen on Monday, April 13.
In order to make this difficult decision, we have been in communication with the North Shore Health Department, Village of Shorewood, Milwaukee County and our fellow Milwaukee County Federated Library System members. Information indicates that aggressive early social distancing can stop COVID-19 from exponentially spreading, and our closure is consistent with the governor’s call for all K-12 schools to close.
- At this time, library staff will be available Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:30 via phone (414-847-2670) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Holds on the holdshelf may be picked up tomorrow, Sunday, March 15. After March 15, please call us to arrange curbside pickup of holds - 414-847-2670
- On Monday, March 16, due dates for materials currently checked out will be extended until May 1
- If your library card is set to expire 3/31 or 4/30: on Monday, March 16, it will be extended until May 31 so that you do not experience a disruption in your ability to use online library resources
- We will waive Shorewood overdue fines incurred during the time we are closed
- Our outside book drops will remain open at this time
- Explore our online resources, and call or email us with questions about using these free tools!
We recognize the vital role we play in your life. Reading for pleasure, relaxing with a movie, or listening to a favorite musician can provide necessary respite during hectic times. Please look for further information regarding access to library materials and services in the coming days.
As the situation evolves, we will continue to communicate with you via social media, our website, and in the library. If you know a library user who does not have internet access and has questions about how the library is responding, please share this information with them!
You can call 414-847-2670 or email us (email@example.com) as needed.