On February 17, the Village Board awarded the contract for the 2020 road reconstruction program. This year’s road reconstruction program includes stretches on E. Marion St., E. Olive St., N. Newhall St., N. Larkin St., and E. Lawnwood Pl. The bid was awarded to Stark Pavement Corporation in the amount of $2,559,338.14. The scope of the work includes:
- Complete reconstruction of all street sections, including new concrete curb and gutter and full depth asphalt roadway.
- The installation of approximately 7,700 lineal feet of electrical conduit with 23,100 linear feet of wiring.
- Replacement of approximately 665 lineal feet of watermain, 11 gate valves, and 14 service connections on the 4200 block of N. Newhall St.
- Additional enhancements include updated signage, ADA compliant pedestrian ramps at all intersections, and the removal and replacement of 37 ash trees per Village policy adopted in 2014.
- Click here for additional information on the project.
As in recent programs, the Village will automatically replace the municipally-owned portion of the water service with copper. An alternate bid allows residents to also replace the private portion of the lead service with copper, which would be at their cost. The estimated cost of the private lead service line replacement is $7,300. Click here for more information on our private lead service line replacement program. You can also view this fun video explaining the reasons for considering replacing your private lead service line.
Other public works projects approved during the February 17 Village Board meeting include:
- Awarded contract to UPI, LLC in the amount of $244,624 to replace the Downer Meter Pit.
- Awarded contract to Visu-Sewer, Inc. in the amount of $139,637.50 for the 2020 sanitary sewer lining project.
- Awarded contract to Redina Construction in the amount of $42,605.50 for the 2020 manhole rehabilitation project.
We encourage residents to review the March 2 Village Board packet to review the project’s communication plan. The plan will outline the timeline when residents will hear more specifics about the project and how to receive status updates as its in progress. You can also contact the Department at Public Works at 414.847.2650 if you have any other questions. A big thank you to our Public Works staff for their planning efforts with these major infrastructure projects!