On Wednesday, December 4, the Village hosted two Town Hall meetings to present the draft findings of the Transportation and Parking Analysis that was performed throughout 2019 by project consultants from Walker Consultants and Eriksson Engineering.
Utilizing professional experience, field observations, policy analysis, regulation reviews, public input from three Town Halls and an online comment portal, a draft report filled with findings and recommendations has been compiled and is now posted to the project’s website at www.villageofshorewood.org/tap.
Here are some of the main takeaways of the report:
- A resident overnight on street parking permit program.
- Standardized 2-hour daytime parking from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, with continued permit options for impacted areas.
- Alternate side parking to replace current winter parking restrictions. (details to be clarified)
- Removal of pedestrian crosswalks near the Metro Market and High School.
- Removal of unwarranted four-way stops.
WHAT IS NEXT? The project’s Technical Advisory Group, Village staff, elected officials and volunteer committee members are currently reviewing this draft, but we also welcome your feedback. If you have any questions or comments, an online comment portal on the project’s website will be active through December 18 for submissions. Pro or con, tell us what you think!