The Shorewood Recreation and Community Services Department, the Village of Shorewood, and the Lake Bluff Ice Rink Captains are coordinating a fun winter event called the Shorewood Chill.
The 2nd Annual Shorewood Chill is scheduled to take place on Saturday, February 9 from 12 – 4 p.m. at the Lake Bluff Elementary School ice rink.
The free event features ice skating, hot chocolate, skate sharpening, snow shoe demonstrations, S’mores in front of a warm fire pit, music, food, and much more. The community partners coordinating the event would like to thank the following sponsors for their time and availability:
- Bliffert’s Hardware will be sharpening skates on-site for $5 per pair of ice skates.
- Sound by Design will be providing DJ services for the event.
- Milwaukee Brat House as well as Kompali and La Masa will be making food available for purchase.
- Pettit National Ice Center will be providing figure skating demonstrations at 12 p.m.
- Ice carver Don Berg will be performing some ice carving for viewers to watch.
- Shorewood Girls Scouts will be serving Colectivo Coffee and hot chocolate.
- Schlitz Audubon Nature Center will be present with birds and other information on their services.
- Representatives with vehicles from North Shore Fire/Rescue and the Shorewood Police Department will be present.
If the weather doesn’t cooperate for the event, please call the Shorewood Recreation Department’s weather cancellation line at 414-963-6913 ext. 3. If you have questions, feel free to contact Megan Phalin with the Shorewood Recreation and Community Services Department at 414-963-6913 extension 4 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.