Large/Bulky Refuse Disposal Options
Please Note! Special collections are scheduled upon receipt of payment (arrangements are not made by telephone). Payment must be made at the Village Hall.
Special collection is the term for a prearranged pickup of large or bulky items which cannot be collected with regular household refuse. Special collections are limited to materials accumulated by an owner or tenant of a village residence. Contractor-generated materials or waste cannot be picked-up via special collection. This waste must be household items and may not include contractor-generated waste.
The special collection fee of $50 includes two employees, a truck, and the collection of up to 500 pounds of refuse material. Additional time and weight is billed at the rate of $20 for each additional 15 minute increment and $0.04 per pound for additional weight over 500 pounds. If a front end loader is needed due to excessive weight or quantity of material, a one time $75 charge will be added to the invoice. A $4 per tire disposal fee is passed through to the property owner for any tires that are collected.
A special collection must be prepaid and prearranged. Special collections are scheduled on Thursdays. If refuse is left at the curb without a scheduled special collection, the material will be picked up and the property owner invoiced at a double fee plus any overages.
In-person payments may be made at the Village Hall ONLY.
Items for pickup must be placed at the curb or alley as DPW employees are not allowed to enter homes or garages. To ensure prompt and efficient service, please make every reasonable effort to put your materials at the closest pickup point available.
Please note that not all items can be picked up via special collection. The following items cannot be collected as a special:
- Materials which are coded for recycling, including cardboard, must be recycled.
- Yard waste and/or brush cannot be collected by special collection. Please refer to collection schedules for those items by viewing the Yard Waste and Brush Collection page.
- By law, household hazardous wastes cannot be collected by our staff. These items must be taken to a clean sweep site or one of the permanent household hazardous waste collection sites in the area.
- Items such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, electric stoves, dishwashers, microwaves, washers, dryers, and dehumidifiers cannot be collected by village staff. These items may be brought to the yard on the Saturdays which it is open. Fees, as noted at right, will apply.
Residential Dumping & Fee Schedule
The yard is open to Shorewood and Whitefish Bay residents on scheduled Saturdays for residential dumping. Proof of residency is required. No dumping is allowed on weekdays.
3801 N. Morris Boulevard
April to November
1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month
8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
December to March
1st Saturday of each month (only)
8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Check Collection Schedule calendars for holiday closures.
Fees for disposal of household refuse and/or yard waste apply as follows. No multi-axle vehicles, construction, or demolition debris can be accepted.
- $12 per car, minivan or on foot
- $17 per pickup truck, van, SUV, or minivan with seats removed
- $7 per load additional for trailer
- $77 moving truck / van
Please note that additional fees will apply for the disposal of used tires ($4 each) and electronics, including television sets and computers. Please click here to view fees.