To get started, visit Wisconsin Elections Commission's website here: https://elections.wi.gov/Register.
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must be a resident of the Village of Shorewood who has resided at the address you are registering from for at least 28 consecutive days prior to an election.
- You must be at least 18 years of age on Election Day.
- You are not currently serving a sentence - including incarceration, parole, probation or extended supervision - for a felony conviction.
New Residents, Address Changes & Name Changes
- If you moved into the Village from another municipality (whether from Wisconsin or out of state) you will need to fill out a new Voter Registration Application.
- If you have moved within the Village limits, you will need to fill out a new Voter Registration Application.
- If you have changed your name, you will need to fill out a new Voter Registration Application.
How to Register to Vote
All persons registering to vote are required to provide Proof of Residence showing current name and current Village of Shorewood address. If your Driver License/Wisconsin ID provides your current name and address, this is all you will need to register. If not, you will need to provide additional Proof of Residence.
- Online - If you have a valid and current Wisconsin Driver License or Wisconsin Identification Card, you may register online at My Vote Wisconsin. Online registrations must be completed no later than 20 days (3rd Wednesday) before Election Day.
- Mail - Download the Wisconsin Voter Registration Application (EL-131) from the Wisconsin Elections Commission website; complete the application, sign it and mail it with a copy of acceptable Proof of Residence to the Village of Shorewood Clerk's Office, 3930 N Murray Avenue, Shorewood, WI 53211. Mailed registrations must be postmarked no later than 20 days (3rd Wednesday) before Election Day.
- In Person - Register at the Village Clerk's office Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; the office is open until 5:00 pm the Friday before an election. There is no voter registration at the Clerk's office the Monday before Election Day.
- On Election Day - at your polling location.
Proof of Residence
All Proof of Residence documents must contain the voter's name and current residential address.
- A current and valid State of Wisconsin Driver License or State ID card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the Election
- Residential lease that is effective on date of registration (Not valid if registering by mail)
- A gas, electric or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing no earlier than 90 days before the date of registration
- A university, college or technical college identification card (must include photo) ONLY if the voter provides a fee receipt dated within the last 9 months or the institution provides a certified housing list to the Municipal Clerk
- An intake document from a residential care facility such as a nursing home or assisted living facility
- A bank or credit union statement, regardless of the type of account or any credit card statement
This is not a comprehensive list, but categories of the most common types used by voters. For additional information, please refer to the Wisconsin Elections Commission's website.
- Wisconsin Elections Commission (general election questions and information)
- My Vote Wisconsin (link to find voting location and online registration)
- Bring It to the Ballot (all about Photo ID)
Toya HarrellVillage ClerkPhone: 414-847-2608
3930 N. Murray Ave.
Shorewood, WI 53211
Phone: 414-847-2700Fax: 414-847-2606
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Village Offices are closed on the following dates in 2024:
Monday, January 1 - New Year's Day
Friday, March 29 - Spring Holiday
Monday, May 27 - Memorial Day
Wednesday, June 19 - Juneteenth
Thursday, July 4 - Independence Day
Monday, September 2 - Labor Day
Thursday, November 28 - Thanksgiving Day
Friday, November 29 - Day After Thanksgiving
Tuesday, December 24 - Christmas Eve
Wednesday, December 25 - Christmas Day
Tuesday, December 31 - New Year's Eve