- Feature Links
- Department Updates
- In addition to our regular on-going activities, the Finance Department will be taking on the following special projects this spring:
Parking and Citation Management Software System Selection - With the expiration of the Duncan software agreement for the Village’s parking and citation management system, staff has issued a new RFP to explore the current market for such systems prior to any contemplated renewal with our existing vendor. We hope to schedule several interviews and product demonstrations during this process in order to make a new, multi-year service agreement.
Software Implementation Process - Once entered into a new agreement, staff will be engaged in an extensive process to launch this new platform and take advantage of various new capabilities that might be available with the new version as well as implement the permit restrictions that were previously approved by the Village Board.
- The Library has an all-ages reading challenge this spring and summer called Read Woke. The goal is to read books written by or sharing experiences from underrepresented or oppressed groups. Log the books you read on our webpage or the Beanstack app.
- The Library also has mobile Wi-Fi hotspots that can be checked out for three weeks at a time. If you or someone you know wants to have Wi-Fi at home, in the yard or on a trip, consider checking one out with your card.
- Thanks to help from Eric and Joel from DPW, the Library has a new water bottle filler installed! Patrons and staff have long requested a way to fill their water bottles, which supports Village sustainability efforts and staying hydrated and healthy.
Planning & Development
- The Planning & Development Department hopes to wrap up the Village’s Comprehensive Plan update through the Plan Commission and Village Board this spring.
- The building inspectors continue to work with the School District on large scale renovations and expect code enforcement to resume in the spring time, once the snow melts to reveal what has all been hidden underneath.
- Internally, the Department is reviewing and updating its Standard Operating Procedures manual to align with its existing practices.
- The Police Department, along with others, are working through the RFP process for a parking program; demos of the various programs are scheduled for the first week in March.
- The Spring Drug Take Back event will be hosted at the Police Department from 10am-2pm on Saturday April 24.
- Officer Govani attended a De-Escalation training course in February and will be leading training with the entire department on these topics.
- The Police Department will continue to work through the Police Org Study with the members of the Village Board.
- Over the past several months, the department worked with our partners from the Milwaukee County Parks System to address safety concerns related to the falling ice from the Fox Tower on the Oak Leaf Trail.
- The department recently moved our Badger Tracs software from hard servers to the cloud, making the issuance of citations, warnings and accident reports a much more efficient process and have much more reliability moving forward.
- The Department of Public Works is currently or will be working on:
2021 Capital Infrastructure Projects:
Street Resurfacing Program
Water Meter Replacement Program
Streetlight Cabinet Replacement
Hubbard Park canoe and kayak launch
2021-23 MMSD Edgewood Near Surface Collector
2026 Lake Drive STH32 Reconstruction
AWIA Risk & Resilience and Emergency Operations Planning
EAP Lead & Copper Rule Revisions (2024)
Senior Resource Center
-The Senior Resource Center welcomed Amber Pierce as our new program assistant. Amber hails from Kenosha by way of the Chicago area and is planning a move to the Oak Creek area. We like her background working with people with disabilities and she is working on a certificate in Recreational Therapy.
- Winter has been a great time to bring her up to speed. We are busy getting the spring programs in order and taking lots of calls about income tax preparation assistance and vaccine clinics.
- We plan to continue our current program formats with “Grab & Go” and Zoom programs will continue through much of the coming year.