In 1917, the Village's name was officially changed to "Shorewood" to more accurately reflect the environment that attracted business and professional people who built substantial homes outside the city but convenient to city resources.
On May 20, 2017, the Village in conjunction with the Shorewood Historical Society, Business Improvement District and Library will be celebrate the 100th anniversary of the renaming with a walking tour, events held at the Library as well as at local businesses.
Please click here to visit the Historical Society Website for more information.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., participants can start the Walking Tour by collecting a map and other resources in the Village Center lobby. Then the route will take participants around the Village to 12 different stops and volunteers will be available to offer historical perspective of what each place was like 100 years ago. Please click here for the Walking Tour Map.