Open Records Requests

Copies of police reports, including all accident reports, can be obtained in person at the Shorewood Police Department. To obtain certain reports, you may need to complete an Open Records Request Form (PDF).This form, once completed, can only be mailed, faxed (414-847-2626), or dropped off in person at the Shorewood Police Department. There is a nominal charge for copy service. Absolutely no emailed open records requests are accepted.

Adult Criminal History Information

Adult criminal history information is public record in the State of Wisconsin. The Shorewood Police Department can only give you records of incidents taken and investigated by this agency. We cannot release driving record information, vehicle registration information, or criminal record information as our agency is not the custodian of those records.

Criminal Records

Criminal records can now be accessed online via the Wisconsin Online Record Check System. For more information and for forms to request criminal background checks, please refer to the Wisconsin Department of Justice website.

Other Records

The Shorewood Police Department can only provide a notarized local police certificate to residents of Shorewood seeking a travel Visa. Contact the Shorewood Police Department for the fee. For those requiring a check for adoption, daycare, caregiver, or any other purposes, records are only available through the State of Wisconsin Department of Justice.